Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dada's my favourite: Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan has been zipping in and out of the city and practically jet setting across the country due to his IPL and Bollywood commitments, but whenever the actor comes to his "mother town", he goes on a "childhood" reminiscing mode.

But then, there were other things we just had to ask him and that is how he got talking about these things...


On Sourav Ganguly going to Pune Warriors
I would've loved Dada to play for us, but in the scheme of things that we wanted... I'd like to say something my father used to tell me – 'Sometimes, failure is just an opportunity to begin all over again with more hardness and more intelligence' - and we didn't have just one reason for failing in the last three years, we had lots of them. And what we decided was to start with a clean slate, give the reins of everything to the coaching side, to the team that's going to handle things. I am a sportsman by nature and very sporty about things. I think the choices that were made were wonderful and the team is playing well. As far as Dada is concerned, he's my favourite player, I wish him all the best wherever he goes. One keeps asking about just a player, when I wonder sometimes that Rahul is playing for Rajasthan, Laxman is playing for Kochi, Dhoni is playing for Chennai and players do get sorted. As a matter of fact, players we left have come back to haunt us, like Chris Gayle ... but it's sports and we just need to move forward. Personally, I'd just wish Dada all the best and hope he really, really does very well with whichever team he plays. Hopefully he doesn't play against us and we'll try and make sure that he doesn't score too many runs against us. But if he does, we'll only be too happy. I was the first one to call Ishant and wish him when he got those five wickets. We have a lot of warmth and share everything together... I think as things stand now, we should move on as KKR has moved on, as Dada has moved on...

On Shane Warne's retirement
I have known him for years –before he even started playing for the IPL. He was very friendly with a friend of mine, so we'd met couple of times and sat down together... he has wonderful energy and I wish him all the best. Sourav Ganguly, Shane Warne, Sachin Tendulkar – these are all greats of sports and you miss them when they stop playing. He plays hard handed poker, I've heard. So, I wish him all the best at poker and I look forward to spending some time with him – hopefully when we all get together at the closing ceremony of the series.

About looking at the option of a new coach
I don't want to sound rude or strange or be misconstrued for what I am saying, but actually, I don't even think about other players and other teams. At this point of time, it's very important for me to concentrate on the team that we have set up together. So, I really don't think about which player, what player, good player, bad player.... At this point, I don't think we need a new coach. Our coach is doing a brilliant job... really working hard with the kids. The start has been fantastic... so, I really don't think about anyone else... fortunately, we have a very young side and that's important because this is not for the next one year, but for the next 4-5 years. I don't really think we need anyone at this time.

On his closeness to Karim Morani, one of the 2G accused
Karim is a very good friend and it's unfortunate... I hope it pans out well for him. As far as friendship is concerned, we only wish him the best and hope things fall into place for him. And it's not embarrassing to talk about your friends.

On the number of watches he has
I have a special cupboard for watches. I always feel... when I was growing older, my dad had this old watch, which I still have and fathers in our times were someone who gave you intelligence, warmth, goodness and their watch. I feel very proud that I have lots of watches to give to my son and my daughter... If I dressed up in watches, I wouldn't need any clothes to cover me!

On Delhi and the sports he played
Main Dilli ki galiyon ka hoon toh mujhe kanche khelne aate hain, mujhe gulli danda khelna aata hai, toote bat ke saath cricket khelna aata hai, football aur hockey khel leta hoon, polo...

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...