Sunday, May 8, 2011

Soha set for Harvard

Soha Ali Khan is on cloud nine. The actress has been specially invited by the acclaimed Harvard University to deliver a lecture on Hindi cinema in an interactive session titled Cinema – Then and Now.

What's making the Oxford grad's visit to Harvard even more special is the fact that her mother, Sharmila Tagore, would be joining her during the session. The event will also screen Soha's works like Khoya Khoya Chand, Rang De Basanti and Antarmahal.

She will pay tribute to icons of Hindi cinema like Madhubala, Meena Kumari, Waheeda Rehman and her mother Sharmila Tagore in her lecture. "I'm quite excited and tense about my Harvard visit," says an excited Soha. "I have never really delivered a lecture on cinema before and I will be in front of the most academic followers of Indian films there. It's a really humbling experience that I have been chosen by them to speak about Indian cinema and that my films are also being screened."

About her lecture, Soha discloses, "I have done a thorough research of the cinema we have created over the ages. I have a pretty huge period to cover in my lecture, but I will touch upon landmark films, directors and actors who have made huge contributions in shaping up cinema as it is today. I will specially talk about how Meena Kumari, Madhubala and Waheeda Rehman and also my mom helped Indian cinema to shape up as it stands today."

She adds, "I will also talk about the actors and the directors (both commercial and art-house genre). Though commercial films might be called brainless films, they are films that the masses like and thus cannot be ignored at all. "

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...