Sunday, May 8, 2011

Minimal make-up for Sonakshi

Standing tall at five feet eight inches, young actress Sonakshi Sinha is a girl with a keen fashion sense.

In fact, not many people know that she's studied fashion designing in college; worked as a fashion assistant at the Mumbai Fashion Week; helped backstage with models during ramp shows and is now a designer in the making.

"Films and fashion are two extremely demanding professions. So, as of now, my priority is to make a mark in Bollywood. Fashion is on my mind but only with time, it will take wings,"confesses Sonakshi, as she casually sketches a girl in a flowy toga dress. The actress is also gifting five sarees, designed by herself to her mom today.

Au Indian
This Dabangg girl has won admiration for her Indian looks and features. And incidentally, her mother Punam Sinha was also an Indianwear model before she took up acting. Having walked the ramp in Mumbai with the likes of Mohini Mahajan, Purnima Dasgupta, Meher Castellino and the late Persis Khambatta, Punam says that she thoroughly enjoyed her modelling days. She says, "My ramp days were lovely and we made good friends too. Today, when I see Sonakshi take to the ramp, I relive my days through her eyes. It feels great to see her sport casual, western and Indian ensembles with such grace."

Style Mantra
Sonakshi likes to keep things simple and casual. "I don't like to dress up too much. Neither do I like to put on much make-up. If I could have it my way, I would attend even red carpet events in a pair of jeans. But then, you know, it's not considered the done thing," she rued. "I like to keep my make-up minimal and never go to sleep without removing every hint of it. My fave colour is orange. I love to play with colours and use fluorescence too, in a mix and match way with my jeans and tees."

Brand Connect
As a brand ambassador of Provogue, Sonakshi says it's a fine way to be visible in the public eye. "After Dabangg, my next release is by the year-end. So I decided on remaining connected with fans via brands. I choose them with discretion as my sensibility needs to match with them. Of course, the brand also does its bit of research and only then approaches an actor," she cues.

Fave Stuff
Accessories can make a fashion statement and I like to don a few, too. I really dig my dull gold dragonfly pendant, aviator sunglasses, multi-colour belt and watches.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...