Thursday, February 3, 2011

JLo's sis in B-wood song

A film, an item song and a firang item babe... familiar formula? But this babe's different – she claims to be Jennifer Lopez's cousin! But all Caterina Lopez is willing to say is, "Yes, I am in the Lopez family." On being prodded further, she says, "I am a cousin of Jennifer Lopez, but I kind of really want to veer more towards me, 'coz having that kind of a last name, people tend to overlook your talents."

Asked where she is from originally, the reply is " Arizona". Does she meet JLo often? The reply is a non-committal, "All that personal stuff I really don't wanna discuss. But she's the busiest person in the world, let's just say that!" And would she say she dances as well as JLo? She laughs, "Ooh, that's a tricky one! She definitely dances better than me. We have our own styles, and now I'm gonna be having more of a Bollywood style!"

Caterina's done an item number in the forthcoming " Bhindi Bazaar Inc", and is excited to join the ranks of the 'Bollywood item girls'. So how did she land the project? "The director, Ankush Bhatt, and I were in touch and he was like, 'Hey, can you come down, audition for the film, we just wanna see if you like the song'... and once I heard the song, I fell in love with it," Caterina replies. And what did she do before this? "The first part of my career was mostly modelling, I haven't done any big films internationally, and this is my introduction to Bollywood," she says.

Bollywood dancing can be difficult for someone who's not familiar with it. "Oh it is, yes," she says. So how did she cope? She laughs, "I just drank a lot of energy drinks!"

Caterina might have had some difficulty with the jhatkas, but she answers our questions with practiced ease. She wants to stay on and "step it up with learning Hindi." And she "loves" India but "the traffic can be a little crazy. But I'm definitely enjoying the people. India, I'm falling in love with it!" She won't tell us how old she is either. "Let's just say I'm in my 20s. But I'm a young spring chicken!" What about her relationship status? "Oh, I'm single and I'm looking for a hot Indian man," she laughs, and adds, "But the thing is, I have a crush on Shah Rukh Khan and he's married! So I'm a little disappointed." Umm, how about another actor? She replies, "The one who was in "Action Replayy"?" She means Akshay Kumar? "Oh my God, yes. He's not married, is he?" When you tell her that, sadly, he is, she wails, "Oh my goodness, that's too bad! What is going on, India?"

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...