Saturday, August 13, 2011

South actress Bhavana Rao on playing a mentally challenging role

Juggling between Chennai and Bangalore, actress Bhavana Rao seems to be having the time of her life now. With two films in Tamil and one in Kannada, the Gaalipatta actor is happy with the way her career is shaping up. What’s more? She is glad to have had the opportunity to experiment with different kinds of roles too. 

The actress, who is currently shooting in Chennai for Padam Parthu Kathai Sollu says, “I’ve just done a couple of films in Kannada and Tamil. Yet, I believe that my career is just starting off. I am more than happy to be experimenting with different roles at this point.” 

Padam Parthu... is in its final stage of production and may see a release next month. The film, directed by Benjamin Prabhu, is an action-cum-romantic movie. Bhavana plays the role of a bubbly tourist photographer, while Tarun plays her love interest. The actor says that her upcoming film Odi Va is what will portray her in a different light. “I am playing a rather serious role in the film for the first time in my career. The film traces the journey of a girl and the traumas that she has to deal with right through. I play the protagonist, and had a tough time shooting for the emotional sequences. Initially, in order to cry, I used a lot of glycerin. But over the days, tears just came automatically while shooting the scenes. So much so, that I even went into depression,” informs the actress. 

Nevertheless, these are the kind of roles that she wants to experiment with, says Bhavana. “These roles help me push my limits and prove myself as an actor. Challenging roles are what I want to experiment with.” The actor is also excited about her next Kannada film, Veerapan’s Attahasa, that is being directed by AMR Ramesh. “The role which I am essaying is inspired by a real-life female gangster who was a close aid of the infamous Veerapan. I’ve heard that she lives in Bangalore now. I am looking forward to meet her as well, for it would be great if I get the opportunity to talk to her,” she signs off.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...