Saturday, August 13, 2011

My sister spoils me: Ranveer Singh

Ranveer Singh
This Raksha Bandhan, Ranveer Singh will buy his sibling Ritika a present for the first time

My mother has made a small prayer area in our home, and my older sister Ritika ties me a rakhi in that part of the home every year. She's always particular about tying a rakhi that doesn't bleed colour and looks good on my wrist, as I wear it till it comes off on its own. Ritika personally selects the rakhi, and we invariably debate over the knot. We argue over what is the optimum way of knotting a rakhi. She feels very awkward when I bend down to touch her feet... but I do
it anyway!

Another one of her personal touches that I appreciate is the selection of chocolates on the thali. She's solely responsible for my major sweet tooth. As a child, she'd buy me chocolates almost every day. On Raksha Bandhan, she always includes my favourite chocolates in the thali. Both of us gorge on them greedily once the ritual is done with.

When I was away from home studying in the US, Ritika would send me a rakhi via post. She'd also include small ziplock bags with rice and the tikka. She would even send me kharchi - in dollars, no less! I missed her the most during that time and especially on those days.

Since I'm her baby brother, she always spoils me to bits. Instead of me buying her a gift, she buys me a whole bunch of gifts on Raksha Bandhan like watches, laptops, mobile phones or perfumes. This year, for the first time ever, I've been able to afford buying her a present in return with my own money. I would like to get her some luxury accessories, but she is very particular so I'll let her select whatever she likes.

(As told to Upala KBR)

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...