Friday, August 12, 2011

I'd love to do a Bollywood film: James Franco

James Franco
James Franco on his latest release, Danny Boyle and more

While films like 127 Hours, all Spider-Man, Milk, Eat Pray Love and others catapulted James Franco to being one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood, he also happens to be one of those rare actors in Hollywood who actually went back to university in order to complete his education.

His latest blockbuster, Fox Star Studios' latest reboot in the Apes saga: Rise of the Planet of the Apes starring Freida Pinto is running to packed houses across India. Starting this week the film will be running in select multiplexes in India. In a quick tete-a-tete, Franco talks about his latest role...

You play a scientist in the film. What made you choose the role?
I was intrigued by the film. Not necessarily because I'd play the role of a scientist. But I was very interested in the technology that would be used to create this film.

Both you and Freida have a successful history with Danny Boyle. Was that the ice-breaker for you?
Yes, it was. The first thing that Freida and I spoke about was Danny Boyle. We both agreed that Danny is the best guy around!

How significant are reviews for your performance?
Some critics might judge my performance not based on my work but on the fact that (they think) I'm doing too many things at one time - that I'm going to school as well as acting and I shouldn't be doing that. However, the response to the movie has been great. So maybe I was wrong when it came to believing that is how critics work.

Have Danny Boyle, A R Rahman or Freida influenced you to do a Bollywood film?
I'd love to do a Bollywood film. It looks like a lot of fun. I've watched one (although I don't remember the name) and it was whacky and seemed great! I'd love to do the whole song-and-dance routine.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...