Monday, July 18, 2011

Murder 2 was do or die for me: Mohit Suri

The director says Mahesh Bhatt had threatened not to make a movie with him if 'Murder 2' hadn't done well! 

Mohit Suri is heaving a sigh of relief now. Apparently, Mahesh Bhatt had threatened not to make a movie with him if his "Murder 2" didn't do well at the box-office. Now that the film has been hugely successful at the box-office, the director is happy and relieved.

Ask Mohit if he had expected that the film would be such a huge hit and he says, "I believed in the movie. I knew it didn't fall into the regular and typical Bollywood films. So, I went all out and made it. I was not listening to the so-called industry people. And it worked."

As to whether he had expected the movie to garner this kind of returns in comparison to its budget, the director says, "Well, I had expected it to do well and had wished that it would break all records for our company. But, I didn't know that it actually would. I hadn't tasted success like this to ever imagine that "Murder 2" would be so big a hit. Bhatt saab had distributed sweets even before the movie had released. But then, I was nervous.

It was do or die for me. Bhatt saab had, in fact, said they won't make a movie with me again if this film didn't do well. It was scary."

Now that "Murder 3" is in the pipeline, has he thought about the casting? Will Prashant Narayanan, whose serial killer act been highly appreciated there in the next movie in this franchise? "Nothing has been decided as yet. But Emraan will be there for sure," he signs off.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...