Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I’m a cancer graduate -- Lisa Ray

After waging a fierce battle with cancer for a long period of time, model turned actress Lisa Ray, who is now all fit and blooming with life, feels that she has become a cancer graduate now.

At present, the actress is eagerly looking forward to re-connect with life and states that she has discovered the importance of relationships and started valuing her close ones much more than before. 
 
During an exclusive interview, when asked how her perspective about life has changed after the sickness, Lisa expressed, “Yes. I am excited to re-engage with life. Now I value people and relationships even more. I am grateful to have fought the illness and still be alive. 

“There are many lessons that I learnt during that phase of my life. I call myself a cancer graduate. Now I am more prepared than before and very enthusiastic about life.”

Lisa Ray to make a comeback in the industry with ‘Oh My Gold’

The half Polish and half Indian beauty is all set to make a comeback in the glamour world with the telly series ‘Oh My Gold’, to be aired on TLC.

The series 'Oh My Gold' is a jewellery show in which Lisa will be seen exploring jewellery and the art of jewellery making in five states of india namely Jaipur, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kochi, and Chennai.

It’s learnt that in the show, Lisa will disseminate the viewers information about what to purchase, how to purchase, and how to accessorize oneself with it.

When asked why she chose this particular show for a comeback, Ray stated, “It's an extraordinary combination of things. I had never heard of a jewellery show so I thought it would be different. I always wanted to do a travel show and in this show I get to explore exotic Indian jewellery and travel around the country.”

I felt like a golden girl while shooting for the show—Lisa

Talking about her experience on the show, Lisa stated that it was a beautiful and thrilling experience and she enjoyed thoroughly during the show’s shooting. However, a lot of labor was also required for the same 

Sharing her experience from the show, the gorgeous lady said, “It was an amazing and surprise-packed experience. I have discovered many aspects of Indian culture and people's fascination for jewellery while doing the show. 

“Besides wearing beautiful gold jewellery, I got to wear a gold sari and got a gold facial. I just felt like a golden girl while I was shooting this show. It was hard work, sometimes long days of shooting to get all the material, but it was fun.” 

The jewellery show 'Oh My Gold' featuring the golden girl Lisa Ray is slated to be telecasted from July 10 at 9 pm on TLC.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...