Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lack of exposure for newcomers: Nushrat Barucha


Two-film-old Nushrat Barucha started off with theater, shifted to TV and has an upcoming film, " Pyaar Ka Punchnama" in her kitty. The petite actress feels that newcomers are not being given the exposure and encouragement in the industry that is necessary.

"I was doing theater in college in Mumbai and when I passed out I auditioned for a film which didn't do well so I tried my hand at TV, which again didn't do well and I didn't like it. I then did advertisements. I did a YRF show for TV but the working environment did not suit me. Now things have just happened but I haven't really chartered a plan. In the industry right now, newcomers are not being encouraged as much as they should. The ratio of the films being shelved to the ones being shelved is insane. People like freshness and they relate to a character. My aim is to be a character and if they recognize me in the process that will be great," she says. The actress made her debut with Dibakar Banerjee's "Love Sex Aur Dhoka" and says he was the main motivation behind her playing the protagonist in the film. "With LSD my only motivation was Dibakar Banerjee, even if I were asked to do the film for free, I would have done it. When I watched his film "Oye Lucky Lucky Oye" I decided I want to work with this man. LSD had three stories and I was part of the third story about love, it was a bout honor killings. LSD was a traumatic period because I had to get into a difficult character, it was a serious topic," she mentions.

The Mumbai based actor loves driving on Delhi roads and feels both Mumbai and Delhi have their own set of flaws. ". I think Delhi is a very organized city. I love the infrastructure, the flyover and the roads. In Bombay, I hate driving. Both cities have their pros and cons," she says. the actor was skeptical about working with an entirely new cast in "Pyaar Ka Punchnama" and relates her experience, "mainstream.I was very skeptical before working with a new cast, a new director and producer. The only person I knew of was Kumar Mangat. When I came to audition for the film I asked him for the script and he said agar script sunni hai, toh abhi keh raha hun ki film mat karo, likha jo hai, banan mujhe hai. I liked his confidence in the film and that made me do it."

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...