Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I have no godfathers in B-Town: Taaha Shah

A few weeks ago he was just another businessman with starry dreams.

Today first time actor Taaha Shah seems to have found household fame thanks to his realistic portrayal in the popcorn flick Luv Ka The End. Taaha who hails from Dubai was in Ahmedabad recently and sprouted that oft heard line after having sampled the local cuisine. "I love the Gujarati thali!"

Predictably he appeared more animated when he had to talk about his film. "Luv Nanda is the stud of the college and every girl's dream guy. Until his applecart topples and his girlfriend chooses to get even with him for cheating on her. What follows next forms the crux of the film," he says. For someone who barely knew the names of a handful of production houses in Bollywood, a "three film contract with Yash Chopra's production house" is just what he could have asked for.

Taaha did lots of modelling assignments in Dubai, but felt that "nothing was working out" for him, considering Dubai is not a hub for movie-making. "I was very keen about becoming an actor and so I caught a flight to Mumbai." In Mumbai like most newcomers he was open to doing print and television commercials. "I have always given my 100 per cent to each audition and I had no option but to be at my best as I had no contacts or no godfather in the Bollywood."

Now, Taaha thinks he's on the verge of becoming a Mumbaikar and is totally in love with the Maximum City!
So what next for Taaha? He says, "I'm on a contract and the production house, so I will decide my next project depending on what role suits me the best. I think I am really lucky to be working with the best in the industry because I know they will offer me something suitable."

Taaha who is fond of, "working out and martial arts" also "loves adventure sports." Unlike his flamboyant screen character Taaha is a quiet guy in real life. "I don't like parties or even talking much. I even stopped going to college because my friends made me feel uncomfortable." The star to be, however, is already committed, so girls eat your hearts out. "I have someone special in my life right from the time I was a struggling actor. My girlfriend has supported me through my darkest phase and she knew me right from when I did my first advertisement campaign which was initially for IPL 3, but, it never was launched," he says.

Not that Taaha needs to worry, because his new film has already taken him on a roller-coaster trip to stardom.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...