Monday, November 10, 2008

Madhur Bhandarkar Say I am a filmmaker, not politician

Source: IndiaGlitz

"I am not here to provide solutions to crisis. I am making films on such issues and that's it" uttered Madhur Bhandarkar. 'Fashion Arbiter' is what Bollywood calls him. Obviously, this auteur is worthy getting ennobled of such title. He isn't concerned on conveying messages about the issues he deals with. Rather he gets each and every audience adhered to characterizations he exhibits in the frame.

Ask him whether he has ideas on making film on reality-based issue, Marathi-Hindi conflict in Maharashtra? "Spare me; I don't have any ideas about making flicks on politics. All my focus is just on my next venture 'Jail'. Script works are on and probably I may gear up with some other projects in the interim. Well, it happens just at a spark".

What's so interesting about his female protagonists ruling shows? He says, "Maybe, it's my style of spelling my thoughts and there isn't anything else. Perhaps, I feel there has been importance drawn on male protagonists too. There was a male journalist in Page 3 and Fashion had a male model and designers".

Moreover, he is keen on not remaking any Hollywood or South Indian flicks. "I would like to present my films on commercial grounds for certain extent. But I'm not a commercial filmmaker churning out films merely leaping with profits in my pockets. Dealing with realistic vistas, I dreamt of taking audiences far behind their knowledge about everything, from lives of Page 3 celebrities-to-a beggar at traffic signal…"

He intended his film Fashion to be as realistic as he appears himself pulling his own legs. "And that wasn't for my popularity. If I meant so, my on-screen portions would have been more" tots up our director entitling himself as contemporary filmmaker.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...