Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Twilight, Justin Bieber dominate at Teen Choice Awards 2012

It was recognition time for Hollywood teen sensations with the Teen Choice Awards 2012, held in Los Angeles on Monday. The awards night was high on entertainment with the teen sensations in attendance.

Among the attendees were Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and lovebirds Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez even as the Twilight Saga made the big win. Both Justin Bieber and the Twilight saga hogged the limelight.

The hit film series on supernatural powers has won the maximum with an astounding 41 awards since its launch in 2008, including awards earned this year for the Breaking Dawn - Part 1.

Twilight stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner were at the ceremony to pick up this year's batch of boards as well as the Ultimate Choice Award, which is a version of a lifetime achievement award.

"I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I'm probably going to say pretty much the same thing. I don't know why we haven't got any better at these. I think I don't know if I'm allowed to. Can I give this to the audience? Because, this is really... not that I don't appreciate it. But, thank you guys so much, it's been an amazing five years,” Robert Pattinson said.

Taylor Lautner said, “It's amazing. You guys are still around and just as strong and just as loyal.”

Singing sensation Justin Beiber was understandably excited as he took home the Choice Music Male Artist Award.

“Thank you so much to all my fans. I just want to say, this album has meant the world to me. I spent so much time on it and I hope that it was everything that you guys waited for. I hope that you guys are playing it over and over again,” he said.

Jolting break-up rumours, it sure was a happy day for real life sweethearts Justin and Selena as the latter took home the award for Choice Music Group.

“I'm so embarrassed that my band isn't here. But this goes out for you guys, my band. Joey, Dane, everybody, thank you so much,” Selena said.

There was also the attractive Taylor Swift, who took away the Choice Female Artist award.

“The fact that you guys voted for me for this. This is a really huge award and I'm so excited and I just feel so honoured that I get to have you guys in my life. I'm so happy right now. Thank you so much,” Taylor said.

With so many awards, the shimmer and the stars the teeny award night sure was a huge hit with all the kiddies and the grown-ups alike.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...