Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Katy Perry vows to be serious about work

Singer Katy Perry says her music is taking a darker turn following her split from Russell Brand and it is time to tackle more serious issues as far as her career goes.

Brand filed for divorce last year after 14 months of marriage to the 27-year-old.

"I feel I have a lot to say on the next record. I have a lot to flush out of the system. I am not saying that I am not going to be the candy queen any more, but I think it's time for more meat and potatoes," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Perry as saying.

"With 'Teenage Dream', I created this cotton candy cloud with a kind of a wink and a kiss, and it was all cute and fun and playful. Now it's as if I have had to step off this cloud and face reality," she added.

Her struggle to keep her marriage alive can be seen in her concert movie "Katy Perry: Part Of Me".

"I made that sacrifice because I had made a commitment. Sometimes I had to fly in on the day of the show, completely jet-lagged and feeling like I had been hung by my ankles, and have to go on stage," she said.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...