Thursday, January 5, 2012

Heroines can be friends: Asin

After one of her closest contemporaries and friends Sonam Kapoor flagged off the show on January 1, actor Asin will be the second celebrity agony aunt on Superstar Santa. The actor agreed to be on the show because she liked the idea of helping two friends sort out their issues.

 “I had to help two boys who had drifted apart because of a misunderstanding years ago. My first step was to find out if they really valued their friendship now. They did, so it was only natural that they get back to being friends,” says Asin, who has a bunch of six girl friends who’ve been her confidantes since school days.

“I’ve sorted out problems between us several times, but now I’ve learnt that it works differently for both sexes. Your approach has to be different when you’re playing agony aunt to a boy.”

The 20-something actor, currently filming Bol Bachchan in the city, admitted on the UTV Stars show that she’s extremely friendly with her contemporaries too. “It’s not deliberate, but I’ve always worked with far senior male actors.

So, even if I’m friendly with them, Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn or Salman Khan, I draw a line and never cross it. I respect and admire them like a fan would,” states Asin.

She reasons that since she isn’t insecure, she mixes up easily with all her female co-stars as well.

“It’s unbelievable, but including Sonam, I have 10 of my contemporaries on my phone’s chat list. We speak at random hours. We don’t discuss clothes, make-up and boys,” says Asin, adding, “But we share jokes, we whine about our gruelling travel and shoot schedules and admit to each other when we indulge in some sinful food like a cheese pizza or a chocolate sundae. So, heroines can be friends.”

Apart from her contemporaries, Asin has a close friend in the otherwise reclusive actor Tabu, who lives a couple of wings away from her home.

“She sends across the most amazing biryanis, and I never forget to send her chocolates and cakes,” she says.

“Tabu is one of the most beautiful persons I know. I liked her work on screen when I was younger. And now, I adore her as a friend.”

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...