Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I loved Bipasha Basu: Paris Hilton

Introducing her line of handbags may have been the primary agenda of Paris Hilton’s maiden visit to Mumbai last weekend, but the heiress is ensuring she makes the most of her time here. In between events and launches related to her brand, Paris met and bonded with big names from Bollywood, the music fraternity and top business houses. And arguably the biggest outcome of her trip may be a Bollywood film.

Since she made her Hollywood debut in 2005 with House Of Wax, the actor admits she’s received hundreds of scripts from Indian filmmakers. But she has never had time to consider them. This visit, though, may have been the turning point.

“It’s not like I didn’t like those films. Some had interesting scripts with good music and great actors, but I’ve never had the time to fly to India for filming them,” says Paris, adding, “But now that I’ve visited the city and seen everything for myself, I’m definitely going to consider it more seriously.”

She admits that even a few Indian musicians have approached her to meet and discuss possible collaborations, but it’s going to be “difficult to make time for everyone.”

On Saturday night, Paris interacted with several Bollywood stars at a party hosted in her honour. “I met more than 150 people; it was a lot of fun. I loved Bipasha Basu. She’s absolutely gorgeous and really cool. I bonded with VJ Anusha too,” she gushes.

Paris’s handbag range is the first of her 17 product lines to hit Indian markets, in a tie-up with Brand Concepts, but she’s unsure of what she’ll launch here next. “The thought of introducing an apparel line here excites me. I also want to incorporate India in to my designs. I’ve noticed the colours people like here, their affinity for gold and sparkle. I know exactly what I’d like to do. In fact, I’ve already started working on it,” she informs.

Ask her if she wanted or would consider appointing an Indian celebrity as the face of her brand here and she insists, “I’m the only brand ambassador or face of my brand. I have never hired anyone to do that job; it’s only me.”

Paris promises that she’ll return to India soon, hopefully to launch more of her products. Currently, she has her hands full with a number of projects, including handling a successful Moto GP team, producing music (with Afrojack), starring in TV shows and acting in a Hollywood film. She adds, “I’m also opening a beach club in the Philippines, following which, there will be a chain of boutique hotels.”


Source: hindustantimes.com

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...