Friday, August 5, 2011

I am good at hiding emotions: Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra says her songs will cover heart break and more

Priyanka Chopra is cutting her first international pop album. Not many know that apart from acting, PC has always dreamt of being a singer. Her close friends and family know her secret singing talent and have been pushing her to record an album over the years. Finally she's managed to get some time off and sign on a music label to make her first pop album. Here are excerpts from a conversation with her....

Why did it take so long to make this album ?
I have been terribly busy with films, but over the last six months I have been travelling to the US and meeting producers for my music album. I have always enjoyed singing and it has come naturally to me. But when I did it I wanted to do it right, which is why the delay. It will be a pop album because that's the kind of music I enjoy the most.

Describe the process of recording these songs..
It's a bit similar to that of a film set. When you enter a recording studio there are experts who know the technical stuff and help you out with conceiving a song. I also have people who will be co-writing the songs with me. I am working with some tremendous producers who are the best in the business right now. It's a collaborative process working with some one who gets the melody in your head and brings it down to a vocal booth. I have a super efficient team to work with.

Would you write songs about relationships and heart break that reflect your life...
As an actor I am expert at hiding my emotions because that's what we do. I am used to create different kinds of emotions. My music will be a blend of my personal experiences as well as creating different emotions and experiences through the songs.

Since you and Lady Gaga are on the same label, is there a duet in works ?

It's too early to say, but yes there will be collaborations. Lady Gaga has been very kind and said some really nice things about me. She's absolutely adorable and we would give her a grand welcome when she comes to India!

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...