Wednesday, July 6, 2011

'Serial kisser' tag a real pain: Emraan

He's busy visiting cities promoting his forthcoming release "Murder 2". A part of the original franchise, Emraan Hashmi describes the film as 'edgy and twisted' with a pace that will keep you involved right from the beginning.

Known to play real and flawed characters, he adds that Mohit Suri's film continues the streak giving him a chance to play yet another interesting role. Here, he essays the role of a man everyone can identify with.

Ask him about the popular 'serial kisser' tag and he shrugs it off calling it a label he no longer identifies with. Here are excerpts from a chat...

When I say 'serial kisser' what's the first thing that comes to your mind...
A real pain in the ass! I seriously feel that people have a myopic approach towards watching a two hour-long film and just picking up the kissing scenes. I mean its not fair to judge or rate my performance based on whether or not I have kissed in the film. I feel I have left that tag long behind. It's something I don't identify with anymore. I just find it highly amusing when people still address me by that name.

But you've spoken about willingness to kiss on screen like no other actor...
Yes, that's because I believe in progressive cinema. I think that a kiss isn't a big deal, it's as real as it can get. People don't go to theatres because they want to see me kiss, for that they can just log on to the internet and watch my clips. It would be a cliché to stereotype me based on the number of kisses I have done in my films.

But your track record proves that most of your box-office successes have had kissing scenes
Not really. I have had films like "Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai" which was a success despite not having a kiss. And then there have been films where I have kissed but they didn't work at the box office. I think it's unfair to think like that, because intimate scenes are really a part and parcel of every other film.

How do you break the ice before doing intimate scenes, do you discuss the scene?
No, we just get to it (laughs). I mean with "Murder 2", we shot all the intimate scenes right towards the end. That's how I prefer doing it. Because by then you get to know your co-star and there's a certain level of comfort that you've developed. I had a great time working with Jacqueline, we had an awesome schedule in Goa and she's a fun person to work with. I hope the audience likes our pairing.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...