Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nicole Scherzinger: "I used to be so insecure"

Former Pussycat Dolls reveals that she was a "geek" while growing up

She became an instant sex symbol when she launched to fame as the lead singer of girlband the Pussycat Dolls, but Nicole Scherzinger says she was actually a "geek" before she became a popstar.

The 33-year-old, who recently replaced UK singer Cheryl Cole as a judge on the US 'X Factor', reveals that she struggled with low self-esteem while growing up.

"I was a geek in high school. I only got rid of of my glasses when I joined the [Pussycat] Dolls," she says in an interview with InStyle magazine.

"I didn’t have great self-esteem growing up. I was so insecure. I had a really sheltered life, a strong Catholic family. The only place I opened up was when I was singing, performing."
The Pussycat Dolls split up last year and the star is now going it alone, she recently released her debut solo album 'Killer Love.'

Nicole, who is dating 26-year-old Formula 1 racer Lewis Hamilton, shows just how flexible she is in a stunning photo-shoot for the fashion magazine where she is pictured doing the splits.

In a second shot she is pictured staring at the camera seductively while wearing a low-cut white outfit.
The 'Hold Your Breath' singer admits that she works hard to maintain her figure.

"My physique definitely takes work," she says. "But I fluctuate... Sometimes I'm in superhero mode and I'm all buff and lean, but at the moment I'm a little more relaxed."

The full interview is available in the latest edition of UK InStyle

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...