Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lindsay Lohan: "I should never have been jailed"

Lindsay Lohan has launched a furious tirade against the American judicial system – less than a week after her release from house-arrest.

The 24-year old actress’s once promising career has been blighted by high-profile scrapes with the law over recent years, including an arrest for driving under the influence, court-ordered spells in rehab and a series of stints behind bars for parole violation.

But Lindsay – a free woman after completing 35-days of house-arrest for the alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace – believes she never should have been sent to prison in the first place.

“Unless you’re a killer, I don’t see a reason to stay there,” she told Italy’s Vanity Fair magazine. “I never hurt anyone but myself.”

The actress – who found fame as a fresh-faced 11-year old in 1998 movie ‘The Parent Trap’ – also believes being thrust into the spotlight at an early age contributed to her bad behaviour.

“I think that being young and in the position that I was in you don’t really take the time to appreciate what you have,” she said. “It was all a whirlwind and I’m not a kid anymore, I’m 24 and I’ve made mistakes but I feel like if I can just stay focussed I can achieve what I want to achieve.”

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...