Monday, July 18, 2011

Emma Watson happy with Hermione association

Emma Watson has said that she is 'thrilled' she will always be associated with Hermione Granger.

The British actress - who plays the leading female character in the 'Harry Potter' films - revealed she is not "afraid" of always being related to the role because of how "intelligent and strong" she is.

The 21-year-old said: "People ask me if I am afraid of always being associated with this character, but I'm not at all. I'm thrilled.

"Of anyone I could be associated with for the rest of my life, for it to be Hermione Granger - beautiful, strong, intelligent and determined - I'm just thrilled."

The star - who has just finished filming new film 'The Perks of Being A Wallflower' - went on to say that she thinks Hermione is a brilliant role model for young girls.

She said: "Hermione really developed in to the kind of woman I would want to be. She's an amazing role model.

"She's key in saving the men and the boys of the film - and I know we're in 2011 but that's genuinely pretty unique. She's really setting a new standard and I hope people take notice of that."

However Emma - who has played the role of Hermione for a decade - also admitted that growing up on a film set could be difficult at times.

She said: "I wasn't allowed go off into a dark room and figure myself out, I had to do it in the spotlight - which at times was difficult - but it's been such an incredible experience."

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...