Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why Aamir Khan will never ask Katrina for an item song?


Why Aamir Khan will never ask Katrina for an item song?Katrina Kaif will be seen playing a bohemian fashion student in her new flick Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara. The actor chats up Sreya Basu in Mumbai

Do we see Laila (your screen name) doing another Sheila Ki Jawaani in Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara?
I asked Zoya (Akhtar, director) if there is room for Laila ki Jawaani in this film. I honestly tried to put a little item song in the bill. But I guess, it does not fit in a film like this.

The boys (Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol and Farhan Akhtar) are the real item numbers of the film…I was there to kind-of support them. It's their track.

Talking about item numbers, Aamir Khan has said he will never take you for an item song because he is scared of Salman Khan. What do you have to say about that?
I will have a little chat with Aamir later…I have to get his number…may be from Zoya; she has done a film with him. I will ask him. (Smiles)

There are a lot of things you did for the first time in Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara…
Yes. Zoya told us that there will be scuba diving and underwater sequences in the film. My character Laila, who is a fashion student in London, takes time off to teach scuba diving.

How did you prepare yourself for the underwater sequences?
It was my first time in doing anything like that. So I was trained for three days in the swimming pool at Otters Club in Mumbai. I thought it will be a cakewalk.

At Otters Club, all we did was to sit at the bottom of the pool and scribble at the note pad that the director had given us; thinking this will be extremely easy.

And then, cut to three months later when we came to shoot the sequence, we went out in a big boat and were told we are going to an hour into the ocean.

I had fallen to sleep in the boat when it suddenly stopped and when I looked into the ocean from the edge of the boat, there was a storm…with 20 foot waves.

It was like something straight out of a movie scene. We were all geared up with our suits and Zoya said 'jump'.

I told her that I only practiced for three days and that too in a swimming pool and you want me to jump in the middle of the ocean and that too when there's a storm? She said: 'Yeah, yeah…jump.'

It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced…I was quite sure I was never coming up from the water again.

And when we got back on the boat, the diving team told us that when we jumped, above our heads was a hammerhead shark.

We waved our way in…so may be didn't notice. But we got ten heart attacks after hearing that. However, I must say, it was the most beautifully shot scene in the film.

We also see you riding a motorbike in the film…
I was actually trained to ride a bike…I was trained for about four-five days…it was really, really hard.

And then Zoya shot with me for about three hours on the bike. But I really enjoyed it…it was fun. And now, I am seriously thinking of getting myself a bike and ride around Bombay.

Whom will you like to take on the backseat of your bike while riding around Mumbai?
Hrithik said he is up for. So, may be, will take him for a bike ride.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...