Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Udita Goswami wants an American accent

Actress Udita Goswami might not be seen in many films in Bollywood as of now. But the actress is gearing up to do some projects in Hollywood. She recently spent more than two months at Los Angeles meeting up a few filmy people there. The actress has even hired an international manager so she is hopefull that her stint there will be better than the one on desi turf. DNA spoke to the actress about Hollywood, turning scriptwriter and more…

Talking about preparing for her big leap, she says, “I am working on my American accent for now. I have a dialect coach and I do about two hours of training, thrice a week. I need to have a good command over the accent before I go there. My agent thinks I have a versatile face and can play different characters, not just Indian. So American-English accent should be my primary way of talking.

But Hollywood isn’t the only thing on Udita’s mind, she is also writing a script. She says, “I’ve had this idea for a very long time. I had started writing, then got confused and stopped. But I’m finally completing it now. The story is ready, I’m working on the screenplay now and I’ve realised that every scene can’t be from a girl’s point of view!”

Quiz her if it is inspired by her (convoluted) love life (with director Mohit Suri) and she says, “Yes, a lot of it is from my real life — but how I can’t reveal. That’s why it’s so special. It’s a sweet, romantic and mature love story. And everything’s real.” She adds, “I wrotethe scenes with Naseerudin Shah in mind and no one else. 

He’s just perfect! I’ll approach him when the script is ready and then I can act out all the scenes! I have my reasons for wanting him in the film too but I can’t tell now.”

Ask her about good friend Gerard Butler? “So, big deal! I am friends with Gerard Butler. I am friends with so many more in LA. Denzil Washington too. Look, I am not into this whole name dropping thing. It’s so wannabe, it really makes me feel uncomfortable,” she says.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...