Sunday, June 5, 2011

Twinkle has given up on me a long time ago: Akshay Kumar


Twinkle has given up on me a long time ago: Akshay KumarAkshay Kumar on cable-less stunts, wild animals and his 13 females in Khatron Ke Khiladi 4

Akshay Kumar returns to the small screen tonight with Khatron Ke Khiladi 4. The star anchor feels that in his third outing for the reality show he has managed to 'torture' the 13 female contestants to the maximum.

With stunts designed by him, he says he had an extra dose of adrenaline rush performing it first himself, as we ask him...

How does your wife Twinkle react when she sees you indulging in daredevil acts? Is she nervous, scared?
Not at all! She's far from all this. She has given up on me a long time ago!

And your son Aarav?
He's the one who encourages me. He tells me go for it, take yet another shot.

Your sister-in-law Rinke Khanna has styled you for KKK4. Did you have any specific look in mind?
When your in-laws tell you something, you just listen. You don't ask questions. She decided how I should look and I just followed her instructions. There was no discussion, no look in mind.

I could not tell her anything, She is my sister-in-law remember. I just had to wear the clothes!

Which contestant did you have to 'torture' the maximum?
I have screamed at all of them but at the same time, encouraged them, wiped their tears and hugged them when the task was done.

Women are physically and emotionally strong. The show is all about conquering fear. I have studied the physics and chemistry of it. I would tell them that the audience is watching you, so go for it.

Instead of creepy crawlies, this time there are animals to contend with?
Yes, this was my idea. All this while we have seen participants battling the creepy crawlies. I wanted to take fear to a new level with wild animals.

Most of the stunts were done without the support of overheard wires?
This was again my idea. Wires give you support, you feel you are safe so you are not conquering your fears. Almost 90 per cent of the stunts have been done without wire support.

You have also hosted a cookery show on TV? Which do you enjoy more?
Both. They are my passions. That's the reason I do such shows. Doing daredevil stunts and cooking is something that gives me a high.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...