Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sonakshi excited about Telugu ‘Kick’s remake

After ‘Dabangg,’ Sonakshi’s next film with Salman, ‘Kick,’ will have more footage for her than she had in her debut. Says the confident newcomer, “‘Kick’ is a remake of a South Indian film. Mine is a very good role. There’s definitely much more scope for me in ‘Kick’ than ‘Dabangg.’ And I am going to make the best of it."

While Sonakshi is part of ‘Dabangg 2,’ she’d love to be a part of the film that ‘Dabangg’ director Abhinav Kashyap makes, although the ‘Dabangg’ producer Arbaaz Khan and he parted bitterly recently.

Sonakshi’s brother Kush is now assisting Abhinav. Says Sonakshi, “Kush wants to direct films. He’s assisting Abhinav in directing ads. I don’t think Abhinav is directing another feature film right away. As and when Abhinav makes a film, I’d love to be part of it.”

She now starts three back-to-back films. “There’s ‘Kick’ with Salman Khan, ‘Rowdy Rathore’ with Akshay Kumar and ‘Vishwaroopam’ with Kamal Haasan. Then there’s ‘Dabangg 2’ coming up. I am so glad I’m working throughout the year. Getting success is easier than sustaining it.”In ‘Vishwaroopam,’ Sonakshi gets to sport both Indian and western looks. “I love to see myself in saris. I hope I get to wear lots of them. We start shooting in June.”Prospective producers will have to wait for a year. 

Sonakshi has no time. “I can’t do any more projects for a year.” Including the one with Ranvir Singh she is so keen on? “He’s quite a bundle of talent, isn’t he? Yeah, there are talks of a project with him. It’d be a good combination.”Sonakshi says she doesn’t feel older but yes, wiser. “I realized when pushed to the wall I can fight back. There were many attempts to corner me. But thankfully I could take the beating on my chin.

I always thought I was a lazy person. But I realized I could work hard. As long as I enjoy my work, how does it matter what people say about me? I guess being talked about is better than being ignored.”

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...