Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ramdev supporters burn Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan’s posters

Baba Ramdev’s supporters today burned bollywood film-star Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan’s posters in central Gujarat’s Godhra town. They were protesting against Shahrukh and Salman’s reported statements against Baba Ramdev’s fast against corruption and black money. 

When a journalist asked why cine starts don’t support somebody like Baba Ramdev who’s fighting on national issue, Shahrukh Khan replied in his press conference in Ahmedabad to promote his film Ra.One, “I don’t support someone. I have nothing personal against this gentleman(Baba Ramdev), but I don’t know what is their agenda. As soon as one becomes politician, I think he has his own way of thinking. I think what he is saying is very good. But if you have a political party, I am apolitical by nature. I don’t align myself to it. I think he has political party now, isn’t it? Tomorrow if I go on street, if everyone go on street, I don’t think that is the right way.”

In another press interaction film-star Salman Khan said, “Huger strike against corruption that’s a dam good thing but why did they go on hunger strike against corruption. He has lots of followers, he should tell those followers not to give any money for corruption. That is one way to stop corruption. But I think also there is something about getting ‘baharka paisa’ inside. I was just watching on TV. So I hope he is successful in that. I hope he is successful.”

Section of media had presented Salman and Shahrukh’s statements widely, projecting in a way that they were totally against Baba Ramdev and his agitation. Driven by this, the followers of Baba Ramdev burnt Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan’s posters in Godhra.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...