Monday, June 13, 2011

Initially, I was scared to do steamy scenes: Vedita

Model-turned-actress Vedita Pratap Singh, currently in the news for all the wrong reasons after a raunchy video of hers with co-star Prashant Narayanan from her debut film Bhindi Bazaar was leaked online, initially had her reservations about going ahead with the proposed steamy scenes.

"Initially, I was apprehensive when I was told that I have to do a love-making scene. In fact, to be very honest, I was a little scared. However, I soon realized that it will only add to the character of a seductress and decided to go ahead. And it was shot so aesthetically that what had started off as a really scary proposition turned out to be one of the high points of the film.

And come on yaar, at the end of the day, I am a thorough professional and the presence of senior actors like Prashant Narayanan made things easier. Once you see the film, you will realize that there is absolutely no vulgarity involved in it." says Vedita.

She adds, "I was a national level swimmer who won a scholarship and have even played cricket at the state level. But even though I was so athletic, I never wanted to become a sportsperson. But this exposure meant that I was very comfortable with my body right since my school days."

Interestingly, this pretty lass has a royal connection to boast of. "I am related to Dillipur estate next to Pratapgarh district (about 205 kilometers from Lucknow)." she signs off.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...