Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm looking at Bollywood: Shibani Dandekar

She's a singer, anchor, dancer and model who is now thinking of taking a shot at Bollywood.

The multi-talented Shibani Dandekar, who had a successful stint as an IPL host this season, was recently in Hyderabad to host the finals of the Celebrity Cricket League, between the Karnataka Bulldozers and the Chennai Rhinos. Fresh from hosting the IPL, the CCL experience too left Shibani impressed. "The level of cricket in both the tournaments is definitely very different. But what I like about the CCL is the passion that the actors bring in to their game, even though they are not professional cricketers. The actors put in their heart and soul into it," says the chirpy anchor.

Also keeping her busy is her band DMajor, which she formed with her sisters - the popular anchor Anusha Dandekar and Apeksha. "For me, DMAJOR is huge. It is great to work with my sisters. Being on the road – touring and performing at various places - helps us bond with one another." Ask her about the equation she shares with her sisters and she says, "As people we are very different. But surprisingly as far as our taste in music is concerned, we are very much in sync. We share our love for music and that's how DMAJOR came into existence."

The pretty lady now has her eyes set on the ultimate goal – Bollywood. "I'm five years old in the industry. Within these five years I have been given the opportunity to perform. I love what I do – be it modeling, singing or even hosting a gig. Juggling between all of this is not tiring, but rewarding. I am looking at Bollywood. I'm preparing myself for that. I have met a few people, read a few scripts. Hopefully something materializes soon," she says before signing off.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...