Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sameera Reddy is a lassi fan

There is a lot that you can do when in Jaipur, and some of the most important things you can't miss out on include digging into the finger-licking fare on offer, dropping in at palatial monuments and heritage structures, splurging on stuff you'd treasure all your life, etc.

We spoke to a few celebrities and asked them what tops their to-do list when they visit the city. As expected, their list was interesting and validated their fascination with Jaipur. Read on to know what they love to do when in Jaipur..

Subhash Kapoor, Director
The "Phas Gaye Re Obama" director loves the traditional culture of the city and the simplicity of its folklore. Even if it's work, the director makes sure he visits Chokhi Dhani and eats the scrumptious Dal Baati Churma. "Though the food is oily, it's difficult to resist. The ambience is amazing and the way the food is served is quite unique," says Subhash Kapoor. "Also, whenever I come to Jaipur, I make sure I buy jootis and pick up Jaipuri razaai", he adds.

Arya Banerjee, Actor
Diamonds are a woman's best friend and for actor Arya Banerjee, whenever she comes to Jaipur, she just can't get enough of the jewellery at Amrapali. "I love its jewellery. They are gorgeous," she says, adding, "Also, I have never been to the Jaipur Literature Festival. But now i've decided that no matter what happens, I'll attend it the next time."

Sameera Reddy, Actor
She comes to Jaipur often as she has a lot of friends in the city. "Rajasthan is one of the most beautiful states in India and the people here are very hospitable," says the dusky actor. Yes, even she has her favourite place to visit when in Jaipur. I am a diehard lassi fan so I visit the famous Lassiwallah on MI Road."

Jackky Bhagnani, Actor
A UP person at heart, he feels that jo maza local shops ya market mein hai woh five-star hotels mein nahi hain. "I love the raj- kachori in Jaipur and whenever I'm here, I eat the Rajasthani thaali," he shares. "I make sure I lay my hands on the authentic mojari that is found in the city's markets like Bapu bazaar. when I come here to watch a match, I do all the fun things the city is famous for," he adds.

Shobhaa De, Author
For her, Jaipur is a treasure-house as she invariably has a long list when she visits the city. Be it Rashid home-studio for block-printed shirts, Ratan Textile for hand-stitched mulmul shirts or jadau jewellery found all over the city, she loves them all. Also, the Anokhi Café is front-of-mind for Mrs De, as she just has to have the Thai salad from there.

Manav Gohil, TV actor
"I love the Rajasthani Lal Maans and whenever I come to Jaipur, I gorge on it," says TV actor Manav Gohil. Plus, the jootis from the local bazaar of Jaipur are something to die for and he makes sure he has them. "The jootis are amazing and whenever I come to the city, I get loads of them." However, one thing he hasn't done is captured Jaipur and since he is fond of photography, Manav says, "I am looking forward to capturing Jaipur and its scenic beauty." Plus, Rohit Kamra is a great friend and I always buy breeches, Jodhpuri jackets, etc from him," he adds.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...