Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's is prettier than me: Sonakshi

Sonakshi and Poonam Sinha

It's Mother's Day, a special day... and who better than the beautiful Sonakshi Sinha to talk about her mom, the elegant Poonam Sinha, who's she says is the "epitome of courage, strength and perseverance." Excerpts...

What does Mother's Day mean to you?
It's nice to have a day dedicated to mothers. But personally, I would celebrate with my mom any time by taking her out on a vacation or doing something together. She likes this day, so I'm happy celebrating it. It's beautiful.

Is there something special you have planned for her?
I'm going to be at home as I'm not shooting today. I plan to give my mom five saris, all designed by me. After 20 years of wearing salwars, she now loves wearing saris, and she looks beautiful in them.

You got her to switch to saris?
She started wearing more saris recently when she was campaigning for dad (Shatrughan Sinha).

How did you feel when she returned to acting after 25 years with Jodhaa Akbar?
I was very happy for her. It was a different feeling to see her going to shoot. I went to the sets too.

You'd like to act with her in a movie?
Of course! But I know that she is 70 times prettier than me!

How was she when you were younger... quite strict? Did you have a deadline to reach home?
I still have deadlines! But mom and I are very close. She is my friend, philosopher and guide. She played a very important role in keeping us grounded. We were never allowed to use dad's name to get our way. When dad was a minister, we had security. But mom ensured that we didn't feel uncomfortable while going to school. She made sure that we led a very normal life.

So, she's had a major influence on you?
Yes. My mother gave up her career to look after her family and it needs guts to make a sacrifice like that.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...