Friday, May 6, 2011

Love to be Rajasthan's brand ambassador: Anjana Sukhani

Says Bollywood actor Anjana Sukhani and shares some of the most memorable experiences of her life, spent in jaipur. Here's a quick lowdown...

The moment I enter Jaipur, memories flood my mind – those of my school and college life, and good old days spent with family," says Jaipurite Anjana Sukhani, who stays in Mumbai these days.

Anjana, who spent her childhood in Adarsh Nagar, misses the city's tranquil environment which is too difficult to find in the fast-paced life people live in Mumbai. Even though she is not very familiar with the Marwari language, she tells us it's the lip-smacking marwari fare, which includes dal-baati, gatte ki sabzi, lahsun ki chutney, etc, she misses. "I remember I had a marwari boy in my class. We were so fond of his food, that the moment he'd enter the class, we'd snatch his lunch-box and finish it even before the first period would get over," she quips.

ask her if Rajasthan is the quintessential India and she says, "I don't think so. India is an amalgamation of varied cultures and Rajasthan puts forth an important aspect of our nation, courtesy its historical significance and rich ethnicity." Is there anything about the city that upsets her? "I feel the city's tourism and mode of transportation should be improved. Like Mr Bachchan is the brand ambassador of Gujarat to promote its tourism, Jaipur too should have its brand ambassador," reasons Anjana.

Any names? "Why should I suggest somebody else's name, I'd love to be Rajasthan's brand ambassador." She attributes her success to her home-town Jaipur. Anjana shares, "Jaipur laid the foundation of my life and it is here that I realised my ambition. I found the best of friends in Jaipur."

With Jaipur becoming popular with filmmakers, Anjana is waiting for the day when she'll get to shoot here. "I'll be proud to shoot here. It feels great when people refer to me as 'This girl is from Jaipur. The city's rustic and royal look allures the world," she says.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...