Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yuvraj's still a friend: Preity

The IPL season kicks off in less than a month and there are a lot of changes this season. 

 One of them is that Yuvraj Singh will now bat for his new team from Pune and not for Preity Zinta's Punjab team. The actress and her players return to IPL 4 with a brave face, but the fact is that they've lost out on quite a few of their old players.

They finished bottom in the last season and with no marquee players in the team this time, everyone is wondering about their game plan. They sure will miss Yuvraj, Irfan Pathan and Bret Lee. However, the spunky Preity is not bemoaning the loss of any. When asked whether she'll miss Yuvraj, she shoots back, "Why is it always one way? He also has lost out on us. We are still friends and I wish Yuvi well. In fact, I was really happy to see him perform well in the last match that India played in the World Cup."

They occupied the wooden spoon last year but Preity is hopeful of a turnaround in 2011. "I think we should do well. If I were to play, I would come first! As long as I am not playing, I can't really comment. Not that I ever chose players for the team, but I certainly conveyed my opinion. If they wished, they agreed with me and if they didn't, they didn't."

There were murmurs of the actress packing her bags and winding up her IPL sojourn by selling off the team, but PZ stresses, "We were going to offload some stake, but not the entire team. I will never go out of it completely. To me, it's my baby that I have worked hard on and given my life to. I just can't wash my hands off it. Now it's settled and in its own zone. Let me not get stressed out about those issues."

Yes, let's not add to her stress as she readies herself for her TV debut with Guiness World Records Ab India Todega.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...