Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sophie in Kollywood now

She has been hotting up the screen in Bollywood with her smouldering looks and grooving moves. 

And now, pop diva and former VJ Sophie Choudry is all set to cast her magic in Kollywood. Yes, the sassy actress will now be doing a number in Prabhu Deva's untitled film with Vishal, which also has Sameera Reddy in the lead.

"It's a dream come true and an honour to work with a legend like Prabhu sir. This is a very prestigious project indeed and I will make sure that I give nothing less than 200 per cent to set the screen on fire!" says Sophie.

The girl is all praise for Prabhu and Vishal. "As someone who is so passionate about movies and dance, I feel so lucky and blessed right now. I truly believe that all good things come to those who wait, and look at what happened in my case! When you have the spectacular combination of Prabhu sir and a fantastic performer like Vishal, nothing can go wrong," she states with confidence.

Not willing to reveal any details on the song or the setting, she, however, says, "I can't give details, but I can tell you that one of my closest friends, designer Manish Malhotra, is leaving no stone unturned to give me a look that will make everyone sit up and take notice."

Sophie might start her stint in Kollywood with a song, but she says she'd love to do a full-fledged role in Tamil cinema. "I think some of the best stories are written in the south. Directors like Mani sir, Shankar sir and Murugadoss are on every actress's wishlist! I've been a fan of Kamal sir since I was a kid. Suriya and Vikram are superb on screen; Siddharth and Maddy are fantastic, and Vijay and Ajith are brilliant. It would be amazing to be able to work with any of these wonderfully gifted artists and I think I would look great with them. And then, you have the incomparable Rajini sir!"

Sophie's last album, Sound Of Sophie, hit racks a year ago. "It has won a few awards. It feels great to get appreciation, especially because I produced the album myself. Unfortunately, everyone has become so obsessed with film music these days. We should encourage all kinds of talent and all genres of music."

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...