Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Michael’s new album influenced by sexuality

London, March 9 – Singer George Michael has revealed that his new album has been influenced by ‘club music and his sexuality’. 

The 47-year-old singer – who revealed he is gay in 1998 – believes the openness of his new songs is similar to those featured on his 1987 classic album ‘Faith’, but with a more uptempo sound as he wants to stay true to his sexuality.

‘Somebody said to me, ‘This album is going to be like a more electronic ‘Faith’, because your writing with that directness again.’ I think there’s a lot more joy to put in the writing this time around. Since I’ve been out as a gay man, house music has been more of an influence in my life. So ultimately as a gay man, you don’t really stop listening to club music as early as straight people do and I wanted the album to reflect that,’ contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.

The ‘True Faith’ singer also admitted he likes experimenting with his music.

‘This other project I’m doing reflects somebody who’s getting older as a singer and an interpreter as well, so what I thought is, ‘What do you want at this point in life?’ I can honestly say I have no interest in just repeating my successes.

‘There are aspects to the new material which I think are progress. Once you’ve reached a certain point, to drive you forward as an artist you look for authenticity. And that involves doing the type of tour I’m planning to do which I haven’t done before and express more personal truths that I now think about having lived as a gay man for 12 years.’ 

IANS

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...