Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kate Winslet finds single status ‘empowering’

London, March 8 – Actress Kate Winslet has spoken for the first time about her split from Sam Mendes, calling her single status ‘empowering’ and insisting she is not ‘lonely’. 

‘It’s an empowering thing… Experiencing those moments of being alone… is a very, very weird flooring and exposing position to be in when you’re just not used to it. And it’s not just being in a relationship. It’s also the fact that I grew up in a family full of people. I’ve never been lonely. And with (kids) Mia and Joe that remains the case,’ contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.

‘But to be in this place now where I can say I really like this space. I really need to not have anyone around. It’s a surprise to discover that I like being on my own,’ she added.

The ‘Titanic’ star announced the end of her relationship with the filmmaker, her second husband, last year after nearly seven years of wedlock.

Winslet was previously married to Jim Threapleton, her daughter Mia’s dad, but they divorced in 2001. 

IANS

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...