Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ben and I had a joint bank account: Matt Damon

London, March 6 – Actor Matt Damon says he and his actor friend Ben Affleck had a joint bank account and they used to share money to pay for audition trips in the initial days of their careers. 

‘I started coming down here to New York by myself with money I had made in local commercials in Boston. Ben and I actually had a joint bank account and the bank account was money we had made from doing local commercials and we could only use it on trips to New York to audition,’ Damon told Piers Morgan on his show Piers Morgan Tonight.

‘When I look back at that, 16 and 14-year-olds, we were really young to be taking the bus by ourselves to New York and spending a day going to an audition – we were living adult lives as teenagers,’ he added.

Both the actors shared the screen in ‘Goodwill Hunting’, a film that they had co-scripted and won Oscars for writing the best original screenplay.

Damon is known for his performance in ‘Saving Private Ryan’, the ‘Bourne’ series, ‘Syriana’, ‘The Good Shepherd’ and ‘The Departed’, while his friend Affleck has films like ‘Armageddon’, ‘Changing Lanes’ and ‘Daredevil’ to boast about.

Damon says he’s glad that he didn’t get his big break until after college, admitting he’d hate his daughters to follow him into the industry before they’re adults, reports dailystar.co.uk.

‘I’m very fortunate I didn’t get a job then, because I did end up going to college. That’s what my parents wanted for me, they said, ‘Do theatre now but go to school, there’s plenty of time to be an actor’, and I think that’s the advice I’d give to my girls. Your teenage years should be fun with your friends, not with a profession,’ he said.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...