Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Asha Bhosle makes acting debut with ‘Maaee’

Asha BhosleMumbai, March 2 – After singing for decades, legendary Asha Bhosle is finally making her acting debut with “Maaee” about a woman abandoned by her only son.

“The moment this story was narrated to me, I connected so very strongly with it as a mother and a human being even though it was so far removed from my own life and experience. I knew then and there that there was no way I could let the opportunity to essay this character pass me by,” Asha, 77, said in a statement. 

“Maaee” shows what happens when a woman is abandoned by her only son and then goes to live with her daughter and son-in-law. It stars Padmini Kolhapure as her daughter.

The film, to be made in Hindi, is being produced by Nitin Shankar and directed by debutant director Mahesh Kodiyal. It goes on floor in April this year and will be shot entirely in Mumbai.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...