Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sofia Vergara was nick-named ‘toothpick’ over her stick-thin figure as child

London, Feb 15 – Columbian actress Sofia Vergara has revealed that she was once teased for her stick-thin figure.
The ‘Modern Family’ actress – who flaunts her curves on the latest cover of America’s Shape magazine – says her brothers even nick-named her ‘toothpick’ when she was growing up in Colombia.

“I was ridiculously skinny. They called me palillo, which means toothpick in Spanish,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
But she quickly lost her nickname when she became a teenager, says the actress.

“I was still skinny, but suddenly I had these big boobs,” Vergara said.

“It was terrible! I used to tell my mother: ‘I’m going to cut these off as soon as I turn 18′,” she said.

On the contrary to that, now the actress says she loves being celebrated for her figure.
“To be called the sexiest woman in Hollywood, at my age? It’s fantastic,” Vergara added.
The actress also reveals how she maintains her curves – by eating cake every day and allowing herself to put on up to 5lbs when she is on vacation. (ANI)

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...