Saturday, February 19, 2011

No one is my competition: Shazahn

She is hot, young and has got a good headstart in Bollywood. Shazahn Padamsee is certainly a newcomer to watch out for.

This blue-chip girl who joins the league of young talent like Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha and Sonam Kapoor, isn't insecure about anyone because she reasons, "No one is my competition. Every one of us has something new to offer. I cannot compete with anyone because she is not the same person as me. She will have something unique. There is enough space for everyone and no one has to go for another's throat."

Rocket Singh didn't set the box office on fire but Shazahn got heads to turn in her debut opposite the charismatic Ranbir Kapoor. The recently released Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (DTBHJ), has pitchforked her to the list of commercially successful girls in showbiz. "Rocket Singh gave me a great start. A film's collection is in the hands of the audiences but the fact that I managed to make a mark makes me happy. I'm a positive person and I took forward the positioning Rocket Singh gave me," she says.

Shazahn adds, "DTBHJ has given me everything that a youngster like me could have asked for. I have to thank Madhur Bhandarkar for trusting me and mentoring me. It was a big party on the sets. I'm overwhelmed with the response that I have got for this film. I'm in a great space now and hungry to do better work, having already set the benchmark with DTBHJ."

Her striking looks, that are slightly unconventional as compared to the other Bollywood heroines, has been getting her a fair share of compliments. The actress calls herself 'clay that can be easily moulded' into anything. "I'm blessed. I can be a girl-next-door as seen in DTBHJ and I can also be someone who is sexy and oomphy (her men's magazine shoots have set the temperature soaring). I like this about acting. I can be a different person in every single film. The challenge is to do it convincingly. With my acting background, I'm ready for the challenge. I was born to act. My parents (stage and advertising guru Alyque Padamsee and theatre actor-singer Sharon Prabhakar) have been very active in the acting space. I love the stage, the camera and all I want, is to be known as a good actor."

This forward-thinking savvy girl has no reservations about going bold on screen. Says she, "Of course everything will depend on how integral it is to the script and how aesthetically it is shot. I won't show skin just for the sake of it."

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...