Monday, February 7, 2011

Men are asking me out for dates: Tisca Chopra

From a dedicated mother of Taare Zameen Par to ultra glam socialite of Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji, Tisca Chopra has changed her creative colours with effortless ease.

And she's currently receiving accolades for her hot and sexy avatar in DTBHJ. In a candid chat with NT, Tisca speaks about working with Madhur Bhandarkar and her upcoming projects.

'A pleasant surprise'
Dil Toh... is doing well and Tisca's performance is being widely appreciated. Sharing her excitement, she says, "I am slightly surprised because I was not expecting such a huge response for my oomph factor." And what kind of compliments is she getting? "In TZP everybody felt sympathetic towards me, but this time I have received some amazing reactions. My account on social networking site has crashed with comments, especially from men asking me out for dates. In fact, my husband Sanjay hugged Madhur after watching the film. He told him - 'I haven't seen my wife like this before, and she has grown up as an actor.'"
'Madhur believed in me'

It's a dream come true for any actor to work with a filmmaker like Madhur Bhandarkar, and Tisca is no different. She says, "It's difficult for someone to break the image that Aamir Khan had created, and only a gutsy director like Madhur could see the potential in me to do Anushka Narang." The movie has some real hot scenes with co-star Emraan Hashmi. Was she a bit sceptical about working with the 'serial kisser'? "Not at all! Emraan's so well-behaved and a sweet person. He makes you feel very comfortable before the shot and I wouldn't mind working with him again," says she.

'I'd prefer anchoring'
Right now she's happily enjoying her share of glory, but ask her why has she been absconding from the big screen, and she says, "For me it's important to keep changing the game and to do some difficult roles as I get bored playing similar characters. After this role, people will understand that I am not stereotyped." And what are her upcoming projects? "I have finished shooting for a psychological thriller 404 and another film 10ml Love. I will soon start shooting for Love Breakups Zindagi etc", says she.

The actress was earlier a part of many TV shows like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Sarrkkar: Risshton Ki Ankahi Kahani and a reality show Main Hoon Na. Ask her if she is planning to stage a comeback on TV, and she replies, "May be sooner or later, but as a host because I am good at that. For me anchoring is easier than acting in a serial."

'Ah Oranges!'
Tisca has been to Nagpur quite a few times and has some pleasant memories attached with the city. She says, "I am charmed by the city and looking forward to visiting Nagpur soon. But, I don't want to come there in summers because it's too hot." She adds with a laugh, "And if my fans really want to show their appreciation for me, they should send me some farm fresh oranges!"

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...