Thursday, December 16, 2010

Priyanka to play a prostitute in ‘Agneepath’

Priyanka Chopra will play a prostitute in the remake of the 70's blockbuster, ‘Agneepath’. Besides playing Hrithik Roshan’s love interest, she will also portray the role of a prostitute. The makers of ‘Agneepath’ feel Piggy Chops is the right choice for the movie and no other actress will suit the role.
Producer Karan Johar said, "All I can say at the moment is that my Agneepath is radically different from the Agneepath that my father has produced. We've completely done away with the South Indian character played by Mithun Chakraborty in the original. My father was very proud of Agneepath. I hope I don't let him down with my Agneepath. Amitji had won the National Award for Agneepath. It's a tough act to follow for any actor." 
KJo told reporters:  "The casting for the Agneepath remake was decided by the director Karan Malhotra. He decided on Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra. Why Hrithik and not Abhishek? I think Siddharth has his own ideas on how to present the character. I think the protagonist in the new Agneepath would be very different from how he was in the original."
In the original version, the actress was a nurse. 

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...