Thursday, December 4, 2008

Only sex and Shah Rukh sell in Bollywood : Neha Dhupia

Actress Neha Dhupia, who shot into limelight with her infamous quote "Only sex and Shah Rukh sell in Bollywood," does not regret doing sleazy flicks like Julie.

Neha will be seen in Singh is Kinng releasing on August 8. "I am the only girl in the gang of Punjab operating in Australia. When the story was narrated to me, I was excited. The film is funny but the characters are not funny people," she added.

"I do not believe in looking back and talk about what has happened. I want to look ahead where I have got my hands full with good films. I do not regret doing Julie. But, looking back is no solution. I can only learn from the past," Neha told PTI here on Friday.

Neha said in Maharathi she plays a role with grey shades. The other actors in the movie are Naseeruddin Shah, Boman Irani and Paresh Rawal. she added iliked the script very much and was not new to comedy having done films like Chup Chupke and Kya Kool Hai Hum.
Neha said her performances in films like Ek Chalis ki local and Mithya did not go unnoticed. "Even though they did not do well at the box office, the films and her performance were noticed and it was quite heartening," she said.

Regarding Singh is Kinng, Neha said her character dreams of being a Bollywood actress. "All her dialogues are full of film titles. Her dreams are not fulfilled, but she continues to do what she wants," Neha said.

"Besides, there are two films with Percept Picture Company and Saurabh Shukla's untitled film with Vinay Pathak. "I have my hands full," she said.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...