Monday, December 8, 2008

Delhi Belly is not a sexual comedy at all : Imran khan

Ranbir Kapoor had opted out of Delhi Belly with a squirm, protesting to producer Aamir Khan that he wouldn’t be able to watch the film at the premiere with his parents. “I’d have no problem watching it with my mom or girlfriend. I’ve a cool rapport with my mom.”

Who says Aamir is no longer taking interest in nephew Imran’s career? After Aamir heard that Imran had performed a hugely dangerous stunt for Kidnap, Aamir called Imran home and gave him a dressing -down.

Says Imran, “It’s true Aamir was unhappy when he heard I insisted on performing my own stunt. He called me over and said, ‘You’ve to be more responsible towards yourself and your family.’ He’s right but I don’t know if I can listen to him in this case.”
Imran refutes the notion that Delhi Belly is a sex comedy. “It’s a caper comedy. But yes, the language is on the stronger side.” Two back-to-back action films, and Imran is now saying goodbye to the genre for a while. “I got no chance to do any stunts in Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na. I made up for that in Kidnap and Luck. Now in Delhi Belly I’ve no action scenes.”

Imran says the stunts always look more real when performed by the actor. “You can always tell the difference between an actor doing it and double doing it. So I’ll think about. But for now I’ve had enough of stunts. I want to take a break and do something lighter. Delhi Belly is just the break I needed.”

I got a shouting afterwards from my mom, girlfriend and Sanjay Dutt. In fact Baba phoned Aamir to complain. That’s how Aamir got to know about it. Having jumped from that high I’ve lost the fear of stunts. My next action film will have to be really big. I grew up being thrilled by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis. And I had decided, if I do those kinds of stunts I’d do them on my own. ”

What’s with all these newbies in Bollywood wanting to jump off highrise buildings? Neil Nitin Mukesh has done it in Freeze. Irrfan too has done it in Kidnap. For Kidnap and Luck I needed a bulkier role. I played a daredevil and had to jump off the 20th floor. I insisted on doing it myself although the body-double was present.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...