Monday, December 1, 2008

Big B Face criticism for gun under pillow blog

Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan, who on his blog on Wednesday night wrote that he was sleeping with a gun under his pillow, has been getting negative press in the media because of this.

Many of Big B’s blog readers also taunted the legend about this. "It is a pity that the ‘intellectual media’ portrays the incident of the gun under my pillow as one of ridicule and mirth," Bachchan wrote.

The Indian media is not happy with Big B for promoting guns and for stating that he had loss complete faith in the system. To this, Amitabh has responded, saying, “"The act of pulling out my revolver is a symbolic metaphor, a figure of speech, to demonstrate my complete loss of faith in the system and in the governance, in providing me, a citizen of India, with my rightful sense of security."

This was Big B’s initial blog entry on Thursday night: “Last night, as the events of the terror attack unfolded in front of me I did something for the first time and one that I hoped never ever to be in a situation to do. Before retiring for the night, I pulled out my licensed .32 revolver, loaded it and put it under my pillow. For a very disturbed sleep."

Hitting out at his critics, the actor said "I keep my security according to my own assessment of my vulnerability. When you will wear my shoes, and I do hope that you do one day, you shall also be subjected to the kind of vulnerability that I and many others like me face each day. Perhaps then you would be better placed to appreciate the hollowness of your accusation," he said.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...