Tuesday, November 25, 2008

There is no need to shy in wearing bikini : Sayali Bhagat

Source: Hindustan Times
As another Miss World pageant draws near, we spoke to former Miss India Sayali Bhagat about Indian beauties and why, in the recent past, they have been unable to make a mark at global level pageants. Read on...

You have participated in Miss India. How do you rate Indian beauty queens?
I am sorry to say that the selection of Miss Indias is falling short of great global standards.

Where do you think are the national level pageants lacking?

I strongly think that the removal of question-answer round has affected the prospects of Indian women, as they are particularly good at it. They are rather intelligent. They are perfect combo of beauty with brains.

Now, the selectors should lay more stress on a beautiful body so that those participating at national level beauty pageants should not be shy of wearing bikinis or G-strings. Due to this inhibition, many beautiful girls are not able to exhibit their assets and are deprived of winning laurels nationally and internationally.

Has increase in the number of participants also diminished chances of Miss India winning Miss World or Universe crowns?
This is also true. There has been a big rise in the number of countries participating in international pageants. Sometime back, 90 countries used to participate. But now the figure has almost risen to 170.

Do you prefer advertising to Bollywood?
No, my ultimate goal is Bollywood. Although I am brand ambassador for a number of companies including a diamond company, Bollywood is my final destination.

But you have failed to make a mark in the industry. What do you have to say?
It is true that a number of beauty queens were able to make a mark in Bollywood. But in my case the kind of offers that I got were not very good. I am waiting for the right break. I am sure I would be able to prove myself as an actress.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...