Friday, November 14, 2008

Sonu Nigam likes acting more then singh

Source: Sify Movies
Sonuis one of the most successful and popular playback singers in Bollywood, but it is acting that gives Sonu Nigam greater happiness.

Sonu, who started his career as a playback singer with Gulshan Kumar's Aaja Meri Jaan, also clarified that Kumar was not his mentor. "Gulshan Kumar gave me the much-needed break, but he was not responsible for shaping my career."

Sonu, who has won 33 awards for playback singing including the Filmfare award, says initially music directors were hesitant to work with him.

Sonu said he still gets acting offers, but can't accept them. "I am busy with my singing assignments which include shows, playback singing and private albums. Right now I am busy with my shows abroad and also a few albums. So, I have put aside my acting offers. But I am open for it and will perhaps do a project a year later."

"I admit my films did not do well, but my work was appreciated. Acting gave me great happiness. Not a single critic wrote bad things about my performance. I think it is better to be appreciated in a flop than to be a part of a hit film where your work is not recognised," said Sonu.
In the recent past, he had shows in Birmingham, London and Manchester in Britain and in various cities in the UAE.

"I was never the first choice for the best compositions. Music directors used to give all the good compositions to singers like Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan and Abhijeet. I was only offered qawali or songs that needed a voice like Rafi," said Nigam, who has recorded the highest number of songs of Mohammad Rafi in T-Series's Rafi Ki Yaadein series. Today he is singing for top league actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan, among others.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...