Thursday, November 27, 2008

Salman join Sa Re Ga Ma Pa to promote ' Yuvvraaj'

She can't speak proper Hindi, but she sings Bollywood songs with ease. Asma Rafi, a contestant on music reality show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009", floors everyone with her humorous antics and powerful performances, but praise by Salman Khan has her thrilled to bits.

Asma is originally from Muscat, Oman, and met Salman and Katrina Kaif at a special episode of the talent show when both the actors appeared to promote their latest film "Yuvvraaj".
"People love Salman Khan, but he likes me. What more can I ask for? I used to see his films on TV, but when I saw him in front of me, appreciating my singing, my dream came true," 17-year-old Asma told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

"My dad is a big fan of Hindi songs. So when he saw that I sing well, he asked me to take interest in Bollywood songs. He wants me to be a playback singer in Hindi films.

She sang "Chunari Chunari" from Salman's film "Biwi No.1" and the actor thoroughly enjoyed it. Asma's mother tongue is Arabic, but she has dabbled in Hindi music to fulfil her father's dream.

Asma has a nasal touch to her voice and says her Hindi diction is not very strong, making her a weak contestant compared to others.

"Initially I was apprehensive because I didn't know how to speak in Hindi. But my father has always supported me and been like a pillar of strength. He encouraged me so much that I participated in 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' competition in the Middle East and won it," said Asma.

"I am the weakest contestant on the show. My diction is my biggest disadvantage. I know that's my weak point as compared to other participants and that is why I get nervous. But I'm working hard to overcome the problem. I hope to improve," she said.

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...