Sunday, November 9, 2008

Prachi Desai turns down Ekta Kapoor, Mahesh Bhatt films

Source: Zee News
Prachi Desai is just one film old, but she's already courting controversy by declining mentor Ekta Kapoor's film and opting out of Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt's much talked-about "Jashan". The young actress, however, insists that she hasn't upset anyone.


Prachi got noticed for her role as Farhan Akhtar's dutiful and beautiful wife in "Rock On".

Reportedly, Abbas-Mustan, the duo working with Prachi on her second film "Life Partner" with Tusshar Kapoor, have the actress contractually bound to ensure theirs is her second release. Prachi, however, did not comment on the matter.

As for the supposed differences with Ekta, Prachi said: "Ekta, her mom Shobha aunty and I are too close for people to try and spoil our relationship. We don't only share an actress-producer bonding. I'm like a daughter in their family. And Shobha aunty is concerned about my film career. She advised me to wait until the release of 'Rock On' before signing any new films. I'll always be relying on Ekta and Shobha aunty to guide me through my career."

"They had spoken to me about a film, but we hadn't signed a contract or anything. Like I said Shobha aunty and Ekta have told me to do what is best for my career.

"When I left their serial 'Kasamh Se' it was a heart-wrenching decision for me. I had become a part of the Balaji family and I was moving into an area where I had no experience at all. Luckily, Ekta encouraged me to do 'Rock On' although the role was that of a wife and mother-to-be and I had to play a woman older than I am. But then in 'Kasamh Se' I played a wife and a daughter-in-law. So I guess those years of experience came in handy when I finally did my first film," she explained.

After Rajeev Khandelwal in "Aamir", Prachi is the second Balaji breakaway actor to make it big in films.

"What 'Kasamh Se' did for me in two-and-a-half-years, 'Rock On' has done in two-and-a-half hours. People used to say they wanted a daughter-in-law like Bani. Now they're saying they want a wife like Sakshi in 'Rock On'. And to think Farhan and Ritesh Sidwani's company used to get hate mail when they signed me on for their film! People were so upset because they felt a film career was taking me away from television," she said.

"Going into films was a big risk. I was playing a character I knew little about. I was moving from one medium to another and also to an audience from a different age group. But I had age on my side. Even if I had failed there was enough time to make corrections. I'm so glad 'Rock On' worked."

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...