Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chitrangada Singh Like romance with Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan on screen

Source: Zoom TV
Chitrangda Singh is back. And this time the Delhi-based actress — who quit the industry three years ago — is here to stay and that too in aamchi Mumbai. “Yes, I’m busy house-hunting. I’d love to get a sea-facing house in Bandra. Sea-gazing is a luxury I can’t afford back home,” said the actress over a quick chat. Her resemblance to Smita Patil is uncanny. And with equally powerful performances to back that up, it isn’t surprising that Chitrangda got compared to the yesteryear actress.

"Being compared to Smita is the best compliment an actress could get. I never expected such a positive response from critics and cinegoers, especially since I’m also married – a fact I was warned would not work in my favour,” said Chitrangda. So what made her take that break when she was being touted as the next Smita Patil? “It didn’t have anything to do with my married life,” she clarified, dismissing rumours of trouble in her marriage to golfer Jyoti Randhawa. “It’s just that after Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, things moved too quickly, I couldn’t understand the industry’s fast pace and got cold feet.

I felt like Alice in Wonderland. There was suddenly so much work coming my way that I didn’t know how to handle it.” However, this time she’s prepared to pay the price that comes with being a Bollywood actor (constant speculation about her private life). “People can say what they want, but there’s no room for gossip between Jyoti and me. As for the long distances taking a toll, Jyoti’s schedule keeps him out of country for almost nine months so I’m sure we both can manage to steal a few weeks when he’s in the country,” she smiled. She talked about her comeback with Onir’s Sorry Bhai.

“I think comeback is too harsh a word, I prefer to consider it as a new beginning instead. In the past three years I realised that acting is my passion and that is what I really want to do. My family, as always, urged me to go for what I believe in. Today I am more sure of the kind of work I want to be associated with and Sorry Bhai seemed like the perfect way to begin,” said the actress who also has Sudhir Mishra’s Aur Devdas in her kitty and several other projects lined up. “I’m game for all genres. But I would really love to be romanced by Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan on screen.”

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...