Monday, October 20, 2008

Shilpa’s love for Yoga

From being the global face of Bollywood, Shilpa went on to become the global face of fitness. Having launched a DVD on yoga, Shilpa has made it even more popular. “My aim was to clear the misconception of the youth that yoga is meant only for the elderly. I wanted them to know that yoga is all about wellness. Now I see a huge difference the way they perceive yoga. It’s valued as much in our country as it is in the West. Another reason why I decided to do the DVD was because I realized that all videos and DVDs on yoga were done by foreigners. So I took the initiative,” said Shilpa, who is known for having one of the fittest bodies in Bollywood.

“I have been practicing yoga ever since I’ve been into fitness. I have tried different forms of fitness, but found yoga to be the most holistic and scientific way of curing problems. It also tones and stretches your body at the same time. Yoga is the only form of exercise that loosens your body as well as sculpts it. It’s an all-in-one quick fix,” said the actress, who follows the ancient form of yoga.

Shilpa also meditates every night. She chants the Om Namah Shivay 108 times. Shilpa follows the teachings of the Oneness University. “I went there to discover more about myself. It has nothing to do with religion. It talks about your perception of life and how you can change it. The core of your wellbeing is your family life. If you don’t have good relations with your family, other things are affected. So you need to sort out that first and then everything else will fall into place.”

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: Pari and Raghav are about to tie the knot, wedding date revealed

Parineeti and Raghav Marriage: The relationship between Hindi cinema's cutie point Parineeti Chopra and politics' macho man Raghav ...